Wednesday, December 5, 2012
DIY - Sugar Scrub Hand Exfoliater
What You Need:
- White Sugar
- Body Oil
- Jar with a Screw Top
- Something to stir with; Knife, Popsicle Stick, etc
1. Scoop the white sugar into the jar filling approximately half way. Loosely; No need to pack.
2. Add the body oil on top so that the jar is about 3/4 full.
3. Stir; Carefully so not to spill
4. Each jar will be different because of the size you choose so you can add a little more body oil if necessary. You want a bit of excess oil compared to sugar so that the sugar mixture will have a coarse liquid consistency.
5. Enjoy!! Each time you use you will want to stir as the sugar will settle to the bottom. Put a small portion in your hands and then rub, sloughing off dry rough skin. After, rinse your hands in lukewarm water. Pat dry. Immediately use hand lotion; Determining the thickness and healing style of your choice.
Tips and Tricks
1. Don't use salt in place of sugar. Salt scrubs will burn any open skin, cuts, and wounds you have.
2. If you want to recycle then use some light massage oil or cuticle oil that is already under your bathroom sink going unused.
3. Either purchase a jar with a screw top or reuse an old, clean jar with a screw top. The screw top will help prevent any leaks.
4. The bigger the jar the less you will have to refill; however keep in mind to test a little first and see if you like the oil and/or scent. If not try a different type of oil/scent and if you only filled a small jar first there will be less waste.