Earlier this year I organized a New York City themed party for a high school Post Prom (after prom) event. I ordered cardboard stand-ups online and made a few other decorations. The food bar included popcorn with a 1920's styled machine, bagel bites (NYC Pizza), hotdogs (Coney Island), Pretzels, Apples and Jelly Beans. Ice cream bars were part of the plan but we decided to avoid the mess and served a tray of cookies instead. I handmade man holes by using aluminum foil, cardboard, glue, paint, foam alphabet stickers and $1.00 round pizza pans from the Dollar Tree. One activity that was planned was New York City trivia. After a long search I determined that I could not find a satisfactory trivia game for NYC so I decided to make one and today I am sharing it with you.
~ With Angela O'_______________________________________________________________
|NYC Tourist Photo Center|
|NYC Food Carts|
|Pizza, Popcorn, Pretzels, Bagels, Giant Pickles, and Other Cart Goodies|
|Old Fashioned Popcorn Machine|
|NYC Mocktails for Underage Guests|
|A Bit of Breakfast for Morning Survivors|
Cash Cab Trivia:
1. What supernatural action movie from the 1980’s starring Bill Murray filmed a scene inside the New York Public Library?
2. Name three famous talk shows based in NYC?
A: The Tonight Show, Jimmy Fallon, Late Night, The Today Show,
Rachel Ray, The Colbert Report, Good Morning America
Late Show, The People’s Court
3. What actress is famous for her little black dress, black gloves, sunglasses, and her up-do when she walks up to Tiffany & Co. with a pastry in her hand?
A: Audrey Hepburn
4.Name the four female characters of Sex and the City?
A: Carrie Bradshaw
5. Name three epic film couples of New York City.
A: Carrie Bradshaw & Big – S&TC
Chuck Bass & Blair Waldorf – Gossip Girl
Ross Gellar & Rachel Green – Friends
Maria & Alan – Sesame Street
Peter Park & Mary Jane Watson – Spider Man
Jay Gatsby & Daisy Buchannan – The Great Gatsby
6. What show holds the record for the longest-run in the history of Broadway?
7, List two old-timer shows that were set in New York.
A: I Love Lucy, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Welcome Back, Kotter
Different Strokes, Bewitched, Family Affair
All in the Family, The Cosby Show
8. What was/is the tallest building in Manhattan?
A: One World Trade Center
9. What are the names of the pizza-loving, crime-fighting, skateboarding turtles that reside in the sewers of NYC?
A: Leonardo, Michaelangelo
10. What show is famous for their deliveryman who drives a brown truck dropping off packages before coming home to his wife in Queens?
A: The King of Queens
11. What show about nothing was filmed and takes place in NYC?
12. Which animated tv show that takes place in the year 3000 (aka the 31st century) takes place in New York?
13. Who plays Doug Heffernan in The King of Queens? He also played in Grown Ups and Mall Cop.
A: Kevin James
14. In what community does Peter Parker live with his Aunt May?
A: Forest Hills, Queens NY
15. What currently aired television series takes place in NYC during the 1950’s through the 1970’s?
A: Mad Men
16. What is NYC’s nick name?
A: The Big Apple
17. What movie took place in New York during the Revolutionary War era? Hint: It starred Johnny Depp
A: Sleepy Hollow
18. List how many and name the professional football teams in the state of New York.
A: NY Giants
19. Who is the biggest rival team of the New York Yankees?
A: Boston Red Sox
20. Name the two baseball teams in NY.
A: NY Mets, NY Yankees
21. What is the name that is collectively used for the 5 communities that make up New York City?
A: The Boroughs
22. What are the five boroughs of NYC?
A: Manhattan, The Bronx
Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island
23. What NYC baseball team did Jackie Robinson play for in the late 1940’s to mid 1950’s?
A: The Brooklyn Dodgers
24. How I Met Your __________ takes place in NYC with the architect named Ted and the Canadian news anchor named Robin?
A: How I Met Your "Mother"
25. What foods are NYC most known for?
A: Bagels & Pizza
26. The famous movie featuring Macy’s and the Macy’s Parade during the Christmas season, took place on what street?
Hint: Miracle on ______ Street
27. What movie starred Audrey Hepburn at a now extremely famous jeweler in 1961?
A: Breakfast at Tiffany’s
28. What large animal is legend to live in the sewers of Manhattan?
Hint: Because people would flush these down the toilet as baby pets
29. Who directed The Godfather?
A: Francis Ford Coppola
30. Who played the Don in The Godfather?
A: Marlen Brando
31. Who played Michael Corleone in The Godfather?
A: Al Pacino
32. Home Alone 2 is _______ in New York.
33. This Real Estate Tycoon is famous for his tagline “You’re Fired” on The Apprentice.
A: Donald Trump
34. What NBA team does Jay-Z partially own?
A: The Brooklyn Nets
35. Name three films that New York City is devastated?
A: King Kong, Independence Day, Planet of the Apes,
Armageddon, End of the World, Godzilla,
Ghostbusters, The Day After Tomorrow,
War of the Worlds, I am Legend, Cloverfield