All of my friends that love Chipotle love their guacamole. I don't know a single person who doesn't. Anytime my friends come over to my house they also love my homemade guacamole! The first trick: Never add raw tomatoes to a good guacamole....it ruins it every time. The second trick: My guacamole recipe is the exact Chipotle guacamole recipe, handed directly down from the restaurant.
All, Chipotle has made their recipe available to the world right on their own website. Most don't know about it. So here I share!
Recipe Credit: Chipotle Mexican Grill at https://chipotle.com/guac-recipe
THIS IS ALL YOU’LL NEED:
2 ripe Hass avocados (In the restaurant, we use 48 per batch, multiple times per day)
2 tsp lime juice
2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
1/4 tsp kosher salt
HOW TO DO IT:
1. Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
2. Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
3. Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.
**Disclaimer: So that you know I made zero mistakes in blogging and editing of the recipe, I have copy and pasted it directly from the Chipotle Mexican Grill website. So if it doesn't taste right to you go back and reread their recipe and maybe add a little more of one of their ingredients.**
With Angela O'